Wednesday 15 August 2007

Now that's service.

Cian Ó Cíobháin

I was working late on a commission last night and as I'm wont to do I was listening to Raidió na Gaeltachta's An Taobh Tuathail with Cian Ó Cíobháin.
Suddenly there started a piece of music that I've heard before and serially failed to get the name of. With all the stupidity that modern technology affords us, rather than waiting to write down the name at the end I emailed the show desperately waffling a description of the piece I'd just heard (of course Cian said what it was at the end of the show but whatever I scribbled last night wasn't English today. Or Irish come to that.)

Well Cian is after emailing me back with the name of the piece and last night's entire playlist. That single-handedly makes up for all the times I tried to get onto Joe Duffy for a rant and failed. It negates at least 5-10 years of the suffering inflicted by Fair City. It even goes some way to alleviating the nerve damage caused by Tellybingo. In short, that was rather nice of him.

Go raibh maith agat Cian!

(The piece by the way was Gorecki's Third Symphony (Symphony Of Sorrow Songs) - 2nd movement. Quick, get a pen.)

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home